September 12th, 2012
Over the past couple of weeks, I got to work with Seb on his very cool pixelpyros project. I created a logo and a custom font for the project, both of which came about in a slightly less than usual way which made it especially fun. (More on the font later…)
The logo was created by taking hand lettered type and essentially colouring it in with code. At first I thought this project would be the perfect chance to take some hand lettering and fill it with particles, which is something I’ve had on my list of things I want to do for a while. In the end that approach didn’t fit the the feel we were going for, but the final result was more like letters outlined with tightly packed blended particles which is still pretty fun.
I put together a few screenshots taken along the way to show the whole process in just about 30 seconds: