Interface Animation For The Web
Motion design is a necessary skill for anyone working on the web today. The future of UX on the web includes animation and to keep up we need to embrace the power of web animation. This workshop will give you the motion design skills you need to design and build meaningful and sophisticated animation into your work. You’ll gain expert knowledge of the current web animation landscape and how animation fits into your design process.
You’ll learn all this through hands-on exercises and demos. All sample code from the workshop is yours to keep to use in your own work and projects.
What you’ll learn:
- Timing, offsets, secondary action, and other key animation principles for UI work
- Where and how animation can improve UX
- CSS transforms, transitions, and animations
- Storyboarding, motion mock-ups, motion prototypes, and other helpful workflow techniques
- Performance considerations
- Designing with progressive enhancement in mind
- A look to the future of web animation including the Web Animation API and browser-based tools
Who should attend:
This workshop is for front-end developers and web designers who want to gain motion design skills and add more sophisticated interactions to their work.
What you should know:
What to bring:
A laptop with your favourite modern browser(s) and a free CodePen account is all you need.